Tuesday 9 October 2012

Something fishy

So there I was, a middle-aged woman in a raincoat in a convenience store, buying one tin of tuna. That's all. If I had seen that woman I would have assumed she was buying it for her cat, poor dear. But I wasn't - I was buying it for my daughter's 'Tuna Tuesday' sandwich. It's all fish tonight. The rest of us will be having fish-finger sandwiches as I have been too busy eating food and writing about it today to actually cook any.

My fish-finger recipe for success is:

Use 4 fingers per round, grilled
Get the best bread you can - something doughy but substantial
Use plenty of ketchup in place of butter
Assemble and serve as quickly as possible

You could, of course, butter the bread, use mayo, salad cream or tartare sauce instead of ketchup. I would love to hear what you think works best.

Pudding: Creme caramel served in a fluted plastic container

No fruit, no veg.

dachshund puppy in hot dog bun

Well spotted! It's a hotdog, not a fish-finger sandwich.  Thank you, Debbie, for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment